Skydiving Innovations will conduct a Professional Demonstration Skydiver course at Skydive San Diego on Friday July 7, 2017. This course has been developed to provide experienced skydivers looking to perform demonstration or exhibition skydiving shows for the public the necessary information, insight, expertise and practical skills to succeed in this challenging discipline.
This course covers all administration and practical components to organizing and safely executing a professional skydiving show, including:
- Definition of a demonstration jump or skydiving exhibition.
- History of Demonstrations gone wrong, and why.
- How to apply for and receive the required FAA Certificate of Authorization for your skydiving performance.
- How to apply and best practices.
- The required forms and personnel information. (Jumpers, pilot, aircraft.)
- How to develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the FAA.
- What to ask for, and what NOT to ask for.
- Jumper and gear selection.
- Aircraft and Pilot selection.
- Ground crew (“Drop Zone Safety Officer”) selection.
- Special effects. (Smoke, banners, flags, streamers, flares etc.)
- How to safely rig and jump each special effect.
- The decision to incorporate various activities – high speed landings, wingsuit etc.
- Jump/No Jump considerations and judgment.
- Over the horizon thinking – a look at the long term effects of a decision to exit the aircraft.
- Drop Zone Safety Officer responsibilities.
- Landing area management.
- Post-jump actions and activities.
- Incident Response Best Practices
The course includes a total of five training jumps utilizing four primary special effects. All jumps are from 5,000 feet AGL:
- One jump with boot/foot-mounted smoke. (Burning smoke on jump run, avoiding canopy and rig stains and burns, proper rigging etc.)
- One jump with hanging/suspended-chain smokes. (Safe rigging, deployment, burn and retraction prior to landing.)
- One jump with tethered (riser and foot-attached) small flag. (Flags up to 6′ tall by 8 ‘ long or smaller.)
- One jump with suspended-weight (8’X10′ or larger) flag or banner.(Flag packing and rigging, avoiding tangled flags, proper weight selection, landing procedures etc.)
- One Graduation Jump – a real demonstration jump at a local open field venue (not at Skydive San Diego.) You pick the special effect you want to jump for this real skydiving demonstration.
This course is all-inclusive: Classroom instruction, all jumps, special effects/smoke/flags/streamers and complete course written materials. You provide course director and staff with beer upon course conclusion… 🙂
Course Fee: $450.00. Deadline to sign up is June 28, 2017.
This course is limited to a total of ten jumpers. To sign up, contact Ron Lee at email@example.com.